Alliance Hospice Care would not exist without our volunteers!
Every day, volunteers inspire residents, their families, staff and others through the simple act of sharing the gifts of time and talent. Volunteer at Alliance Hospice, and you take a thoughtful role in people’s lives at a time when your efforts are most needed. You give something that money cannot buy: your helping hands, friendship and personal interest. In return, you feel loved and receive the deep fulfillment that comes with bringing joy to the lives of others.
Join Us and Show You Care
Opportunities are endless, and your talents, no matter what they might be, are always welcome. You can lead a small group discussion, help someone with transportation, organize social events, read or write letters, bring your pet for a visit, play games or help someone with gardening. Our patients and staff are grateful for every hour you give as part of our team. We’re looking for caring, compassionate people like you, who want to give something back to their community. If you truly want to help make someone’s life better as they cope with a serious illness, then please consider volunteering your time.
Alliance Hospice Care’s volunteers are core members of our care teams. They are diverse, springing from all walks of life, and each person brings special skills that improve our ability to offer excellent care. We hope you consider joining us today.
There are many ways to contribute your time, talents and experience as a volunteer. Below are a few examples of the many key roles volunteers play throughout the organization:
- Provide companionship and comfort to our seriously ill Hospice or Palliative Care Services patients by assisting with tasks such as reading to a patient who may not have loved ones close by, or by running an errand for a stressed family.
- Provide transportation to patients or their families
- Provide music, art, or dog therapy to patients and families.
- Give support over the phone and in-person to those who have lost a loved one and are grieving.
- Help increase public awareness about hospice and palliative care by networking, staffing information tables and providing presentations.
- Organize fundraising or social events
If you are interested in volunteering with Alliance Hospice Care, the process is easy.
Just give us a call at (617) 402-5202 to learn more about our opportunities.